Technologist Polysomnographic Registered
Cleveland Clinic – Akron, OH
Performs routine, intermediate and advanced level of polysomnographic and electroencephalographic testing. Provides technical analysis of the subsequent data and ascertains the status of assigned work and reports.
- Performs routine, intermediate and advanced level of polysomnographic and electroencephalograms in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs technical interpretations (scoring) of routine, intermediate and advanced level Sleep Disorders Center procedures by both hand assessment and computer analysis.
- Assists the manager in the development and implementation of in-service education and makes recommendations for continuing education.
- Assists in direction and implementation of clinical protocols.
- Provides complete documentation for each procedure performed and maintains necessary records.
- Maintains equipment as necessary.
- Maintains adequate inventory of supplies to ensure efficient operation of the department.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years college credit basic and advanced level polysomnographic courses with two additional years experience after advanced training; or certification as a registered electroencephalographic polysomnographic technologist or related field.
- Certification as a registered electroencephalographic or polysomnographic technologist preferred or the equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education. Maintains current Basic Life Support (BLS).
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Additional experience in electroencephalography cardiopulmonary technology or related field may be substituted for college credit. Proficiency with various equipment procedures and patient populations knowledge of good body mechanics.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinics Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities