Overview QuantiTech, Inc. is a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) founded in Huntsville, Alabama in 1991 by Sheila Brown. QuantiTech has a twenty-eight year track record of providing superior technical and management support to both Government and Commercial Customers in Systems Engineering and Integration; Program and Project Management; Test and Evaluation; Logistics Engineering; Safety; Business Management; and Information Technology.
QuantiTech is currently seeking a Test Engineer to support our customer in Eglin AFB, FL.
QuantiTech is seeking a mid-level Test Engineer to perform Engineering Advisory and Assistance Support (A&AS) functions for the Arnold Engineering Development Complex McKinley Climatic Laboratory (TSTM) at Eglin AFB, FL. Responsibilities Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- The Contractor shall provide advice and assistance services in support of the McKinley Climatic Laboratory.
- Perform professional engineering work relative to advanced planning, coordinating, design, development of specialized items and implementing procedures for environmental tests conducted at the McKinley Climatic Laboratory.
- Design and develop tie-down methods, suspension methods, special test stands, towing methods, fuel supply systems, and exhaust systems in order to simulate operating conditions for aircraft, missiles, rockets and related equipment undergoing extreme weather tests in the McKinley Climatic Laboratory.
- Design, adapt, modify and monitor fabrication and/or production of climatic and environmental simulation systems. Examples include the production of sunshine, rain, wind, sand, dust and combinations of these conditions in accordance with Military Standard test requirements.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering expertise, guidance and direction to scientists and engineers performing climatic simulation development and operation.
- Apply software and hardware computer techniques to the solution of basic operational research and complex electro-mechanical problems, to include mathematically defining the basic problem, developing a prototype electro-mechanical solution and the final design and installation of device to solve original problem.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure visibility of long-range plans and adequacy of proposed investments and operation.
- Advocate test resources and funding requirements for future test resources.
- Design test environments, perform hands on engineering to restrain an airplane, and develop techniques for simulating sunlight, temperature etc.
- Advocates test resources and funding requirements for future test resources through attendance at conferences with factory representatives, operating officials, and engineers. This includes discussing the capabilities of the Laboratory and support requirements in general.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Must hold an active and transferable DoD security clearance with active investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor s or Master s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required with 3-10 years of experience. Substitution of experience for education may be considered with government approval.
- Must have experience with 2D and 3D CAD modeling
- Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience is preferred.
- This position has an overtime requirement which will include some weekend work.
- Must have ability to quickly understand the customers overall technical objectives and mission a provide effective solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with customer interaction and presentation capabilities required.
- Must exemplify a dedication to achieving the mission of the AEDC/TSTM as well as high standards of quality and excellence in performing the duties.
- Must be able to work effectively alone, unsupervised, or within a group
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while being able to prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel less than 5%
- US Citizenship required.
Applicants for positions which require a US government security clearance must meet eligibility requirements to include US citizenship.
QuantiTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer as defined by the EEOC. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or are a disabled veteran, and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application as a result of your disability, you have the right to receive assistance by calling us directly at 256-650-6263 or by email at: [email protected]
QuantiTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship, or any other federal, state, or locally protected class.