Are you passionate about solving challenging problems?
Do you thrive being a critical part of an elite team of like-minded people?
How would you like for your next career move to take you to the next level?
If any of this sounds appealing, look no further.
This is a mid-level Incident Handler position working within a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center. The ideal candidate will have experience with incident response in a SOC/CIRT environment. They will provide computer forensic and intrusion analyst support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence collection, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments. They will research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer network vulnerabilities, data hiding and network security and encryption. The ideal candidate will also assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions.
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor s degree (cannot substitute experience)
- 4 year relevant IT/security experience
- Solid understanding one or more of the following tools desired: Remedy ticketing system or similar ticketing system, Splunk
- Ability to work shift work schedule
- Cyber Security background
- Solid understanding of Network protocols and packet analysis tools.
- Previous experience SOC incident handling and response activity, some mentoring experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented
- One or more certifications, including but not limited to: CEH, Security +, GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, GSEC, CISSP, CCNA (Security) or equivalent.
So, what does Novetta do?
We focus on three core areas: Cyber, Entity, and Multi-Int Analytics. Our products are focused on processing and analyzing vast amounts of data in these core areas. Our services are focused on helping our customers move from complexity to clarity. At Novetta, we bridge the gap between what our customers think they can do and what they aspire to achieve.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our Core Values:
- Integrity: We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
- Customer Mission Success: Customer mission success drives our daily effortswe strive always to exceed customer expectations and focus on mission success beyond contractual commitments.
- Employee Focus: We value our employees and demonstrate our commitment to them by providing clear communications, outstanding benefits, career development, and opportunities to work on problems and technical challenges of national significance.
- Innovation: We believe that innovation is critical to our success that discovering new and more effective ways to achieve customer mission success is what makes us a great company.
GET A REFERRAL BONUS FOR THE GREAT PEOPLE YOU KNOW!
With our amazing referral program, you could be eligible to earn
outstanding rewards for referring qualified new hires to Novetta.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.