6 -12 months contract
Team Size: 3-4 people
5+ combined experience with IBM back up products Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and Spectrum Protect (SP) Systems. Ideally on versions 7 and 8 on Linux or UNIX platforms (certifications for TSM and SP are nice to have)
Infrastructure as code, programming, scripting
On-call 24x7 rotation
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years prior experience working with enterprise storage arrays, backup/restore technologies, data replication, deduplication, and SANs required.
- 2+ years Experience with Storage Virtualization technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of different OS related functionality including, but not limited to Backups, Capacity Planning, Disaster Recovery, and File System Management.
- Expert knowledge and experience with various storage replication software, SAN switches, Storage Virtualization and storage management software/hardware.
- Ability to design and configure SAN infrastructures to latest industry standards.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise-type tape backup and recovery hardware/software.
- Expert knowledge of scripting and automation of tasks.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with point in time copy technologies; preferably with EMCs Timefinder and IBMs Flashcopy.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides technical recommendations and assists in system design of large complex projects.
- Leads site reliability engineering projects, collaborating with leaders from other disciplines.
- Designs next-generation automation and applications for storage and backup technologies.
- Architects and deploys Storage and backup technology solutions.
- Manages large scale and/or technically complex projects and is responsible for the design and management of SAN infrastructure, including logical and physical layout.
- Researches, evaluates, recommends, and implements new technology initiatives.
- Manages projects within deadlines and provides weekly project status reports to management.
- Troubleshoots complex storage and SAN related issues.
- Monitors and maintains server backup/recovery infrastructure.
- Analyzes data integrity processes, monitors service results, and diagnoses problems.
- Develops performance and capacity planning reports.
- Prepares documentation regarding processes, procedures, and problem resolution techniques.
- Pursues opportunities to improve and automate team procedures and systems performances.
- Analyzes performance of the environment and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluates the storage infrastructure to ensure disaster recovery readiness.
- Designs, tests, and maintains business continuity and disaster recovery plans for storage/backup administration.
- Mentors members of the Storage team and provides technical leadership in the Storage team.
Job Type: Contract
- Tivoli storage manager: 5 years (Required)
- Storage Virtualization: 2 years (Required)
- System Design: 2 years (Preferred)
- SQL: 5 years (Required)
- copy technologies: 2 years (Required)