Digital Management, LLC (DMI) is seeking a Top Secret Cleared System Security Engineer
in Quantico, VA to be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of a single network enclave or field office location, or for specific, easily defined tasks. These responsibilities follow well-documented processes.
This position is in the Quantico, Virginia area supporting a government customer whose primary mission is providing operations and support services for a variety of applications used in the collection, retrieval, and comparison of DNA evidence.
This program supports criminal justice DNA databases, as well as the software and telecommunications used to run these databases. This contract is for the ongoing IT and user support of existing systems as well as engineering development and training on new systems or updates.
Top Secret Clearance is required.
Core support hours are day shift, Monday-Friday (except Federal Holidays).
Parking is available on site.Duties and Responsibilities:
This position supports tasks to maintain and improve the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the current Information Technology (IT) systems by maintaining and improving the security infrastructure to ensure compliance with US Government mandates and providing preventive and proactive IT services in response to the areas of Information Assurance (IA), Cyber Security, and InfoSec policy and compliance.
- Protect and defend information and information systems while maintaining full compliance with department and agency directives.
- Maintain and improve the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the current and new systems by maintaining the security infrastructure to ensure compliance with US Government and department, agency, and program mandates.
- Provide preventive and proactive IT services in response to the areas of Information Assurance (IA), Cyber Security, and InfoSec policy and compliance.
- All security incidents ranging from suspicious activity to security violations (e.g., information spillage and unauthorized usage) are promptly reported to the Government and addressed.
- Coordinate on IT and security policies, procedures, issues, problems, risks, and incidents.
- Create and maintain a dashboard in order to communicate, report, and collaborate information technology projects, activities, and tasks.
- Review Government policies and processes looking for efficiencies in the creation, review, and submission of security assessment and authorization packages, reducing the time to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO) and to maintain a continuous monitoring process.
- Ensure all reports, deliverables, and documentation are complete and submitted within stated timeframes and/or deadlines.
- Perform Computer Network Defense (CND) continuous (24x7) monitoring and reporting, using Information Assurance (IA) detection, mitigation, and prevention solutions including Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Intrusion Detection Systems/Intrusion Protection Systems (IDS/IPS), Host-Based Security System (HBSS), log management system (machine data: system, audit, etc. logs), and Security Information Event Management Systems (SIEM).
- Ensure current policies and processes are being performed. Follow and perform operating system, application, hardware/infrastructure, etc. hardening using USGCB/NIST, DISA, CIS, etc., Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) for all appropriate systems.
- Stay abreast of vendor and manufacturer posted security bulletins, advisories, patches, and alerts to remain informed of new threats and vulnerabilities against information technology systems and software.
- Download, test, and install the latest security patches, software updates, and virus software, and definitions for systems.
- Perform vulnerability scans. Currently utilizing Tenable Nessus, Trustwave AppDetectivePRO, IBM AppScan, Rapid7 Metasploit, and other applications and tools for appropriate system(s) risk assessment.
- Maintain and operate a McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator software suite throughout the system by deploying all virus and system definitions, system updates, etc., as they are released by the manufacturer.
- Test, validate, implement, and deploy all applicable third-party patches and/or updates. After all approved Microsoft patches and/or updates have been validated; the validated Microsoft patches and/or updates should then be made available for deployment via the production WSUS server.
- Respond to 24x7 mission critical incidents.
- Some local travel between government and non-government facilities
- Occasional travel possible to offsite COOP locations
- Occasional travel possible to CONUS locations for training, conferences or domestic site visits
- Preferred Education: Bachelor Degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or a related discipline
- Minimum of at least one (1) certification (e.g. GCIH, GWAPT, GPEN, GSLC, etc.) or CompTIA Security+
- Minimum of two (2) years as program lead in program of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in the Information Security (Cybersecurity or Information Assurance) field
- Experience in conducting annual assessments.
- Possess experience developing and testing Contingency Plans.
- Experience with conducting audit log reviews.
- Experience with NIST Special Publications and guidance.
- Minimum of three (3) years of working experience with the latest version of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required
No Physical RequirementMin. Citizenship Status Required:
Location: Quantico, Virginia
- Must be a US Citizen with an active Top Secret clearance (fully adjudicated; no interim TS clearances)
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. Being part of the DMI family means we care about your wellbeing. As such, we offer a variety of perks and benefits that help met various interests and needs, while still having the opportunity to work directly with a number of our award winning, Fortune 1000 clients. The following categories make up your DMI wellbeing:
- Community Blood drives, volunteering opportunities, Holiday parties, summer picnics, Tech Chef, Octoberfest just to name a few ways DMI comes together as a community
- Convenience/Concierge - Virtual visits through health insurance, pet insurance, commuter benefits, discount tickets for movies, travel and many other items to provide convenience
- Development Annual Performance management, continuing education and tuition assistance, internal job opportunities along with career enrichment and advancement to help each employee with their professional and personal development
- Financial Generous 401k match for both pre-tax and post-tax (ROTH) contributions along with financial wellness education, EAP, Life Insurance and Disability help provide financial stability for each DMI employee
- Recognition Great achievements do not go unnoticed by DMI through Annual Awards ceremony, service anniversaries, peer-to-peer acknowledgement through Give-A-Wow, employee referral bonuses.
- Wellness Healthcare benefits, Wellness programs, Flu Shots, Biometric screenings, on-site lactation rooms provide employees with several wellness options
Employees are valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability. DMI maintaines a drug-free workplace.***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.