Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Austin, TX, USA
- Experience creating hands-on labs and lab infrastructure for GCP, G Suite collaborative applications, or other public cloud IAAS.
- Experience defining or delivering IT training at scale.
- Experience in public cloud development and developing best practices for enterprises.
- Experience automating interactions with public cloud services via API and infrastructure as code.
- 3 years of experience in technical training development.
- 2 years of experience creating or maintaining lab content in the Qwiklabs hands-on labs platform.
- 2 years of experience with continuous collaboration with global support and development contractors.
- Ability to travel internationally to support in-person training events.
- Ability to travel for event support and training as required.
About the job
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and G Suite collaborative applications make the global workforce more productive, mobile and collaborative. The Google Cloud Learning and Enablement team is part of the Google Cloud Services Organization, and is focused on accelerating the global adoption of GCP and G Suite collaborative applications. We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and creative training lab architect to help develop the most engaging and effective hands-on lab experiences for advancing the continual learning of our customers.
As a Training Lab Architect, you ll play a key role on the Learning and Enablement team and you ll be responsible for shaping and executing a strategy to create hands-on labs and lab infrastructure for our customers and partners. As a Lab Architect, you ll work individually and with training content developers in various teams to create hands-on labs that stand alone or are embedded in larger training curriculum projects, and which exercise hands-on skills in a scalable, secure, and measurably effective way. You re experienced in a customer-facing technical training environment and have a demonstrated understanding of large scale enterprise and cloud computing technologies and solutions. You ll utilize your existing technical skills and be self-motivated to maintain a technology leadership and visionary role in the organization.
- Work individually and in collaboration with Curriculum Developers on the technical design, direction and development of hands-on labs for training in GCP and G Suite.
- Develop infrastructure to scale hands-on lab training with demand, in sync with the latest production GCP services and consistent with industry best practices.
- Develop the maintenance strategy and own rigorous SLAs for the highest possible 24x7 online availability of labs. Act as an accountable backline escalation point for labs.
- Stay ahead of GCP and G Suite service offerings and work on projects that bring training to the public as services release.
- Travel 25% of the time as required, primarily for event support and training.
At Google, we dont just accept differencewe celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.