Waxie Sanitary Supply – Ontario, CA
WAXIE is seeking a skilled Fleet Manager for the Ontario location! This key member of the Ontario leadership team reports directly to the Operations Manager and is responsible for leading a team of CDL and Non-CDL drivers, Driver leads, and a Fleet Administrator. This role manages branch deliveries to include private fleet and third party utilization and will institute and enforce safety policies and procedures pertaining to WAXIE, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and all state and local laws.
- Selects, trains, motivates, and lead a team of Drivers.
- Educates staff on current WAXIE policies and procedures as well as promotes company specific programs relating to safety initiatives.
- Responsible for maintaining a cohesive working relationship with Penske while ensuring that fleet cost for fuel, maintenance, leases and rentals are accurate.
- Establish a good working relationship with each Driver to promote a cohesive working relationship supporting goal attainment.
- Appraise performance and recommend salary and disciplinary actions.
- Create an excellent working relationship with Warehouse Leads, and Warehouse Manager/Supervisor (AM/PM).
- Participate as a key member of the Branch management and Safety Committee team.
- Approve time cards, overtime, and requests for time off ensuring payroll is accurate for each Driver.
- Measure and record Driver performance and productivity as it relates to route completion and safe driving.
- Provide employees (Drivers) to assist in the warehouse and other functions during fluctuations of work load.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the Warehouse Manager to review the following; prior weeks load performance, Reverse logistics process, go-again issues, upcoming scheduling challenges, same day requests, on-boarding notification of new employees and or personnel issues, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary Transportation Management Software router through proper use and maintenance of customer data base (GeoCodes/Timewindows/Delivery Days).
- Ensure customers delivery needs are met in a timely and accurate manner by documenting specific shipping instructions in both A+ and the TMS.
- Provide consistent feedback relating to the correct and safe loading of customer orders noting shortages, incorrect units of measure, and improper loading to prevent damage.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance program and act as primary contact with Penske concerning vehicle issues for PM, new vehicle leases, fuel tax reporting, rental agreements, and vehicle turn in process.
- Utilize and evaluate Drivers through the proper use of On-Demand.
- Review both the working condition and physical appearance of vehicles to ensure compliance with vehicle damage reporting.
- Conduct/schedule routine Driver ride along(s).
- Provide Driver new hire orientation, safety ride along check rides, cargo security checks.
- Provide route conciliation process for Reverse Logistics ensuring that inventory is properly accounted for while processing Go-Again deliveries.
- Have a keen understanding of the FMCSR(s) program and participate in training courses when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with FMCSR(s) and ensure that WAXIE successfully passes all DOT and CHP compliance inspections.
- Adhere to all WAXIE & OSHA safety protocols.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings.
- Conduct all driver and vehicle safety investigations to determine root cause while administering the correct level of coaching/counseling.
- Manage and implement Smith Driver training on an annual basis in conjunction with the application and administration of SMARTDrive.
- Provide proper safety training on Driver Safety, Vehicle Procedures, Material Handling Equipment, Ergonomic lifting, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Report and correct all safety violations and unsafe working conditions.
- Maintain Driver Qualification Files to ensure compliance with applicable FMCSR(s).
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Previous fleet/transportation management or supervisory experience
- Driving experience and Class A license (Preferred)
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Knowledge of delivery areas
- Computer (Windows based PC) and typing
- Oral and written communication
- AS 400 (system) knowledge
- Transportation and routing
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)