Coca-Cola Beverages Florida (CCBF), headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is one of the largest independently owned and operated Coca-Cola bottlers in the United States. CCBF markets, sells, and distributes products of The Coca-Cola Company (TCCC) in Florida.
The Transportation Planner role will be part of the Enterprise Planning team and will be responsible for balancing service and cost for all processes and functions of load planning and freight movement. They will facilitate the distribution of freight based on the evaluation of carrier rates, operation capabilities, capacity commitments, and delivery dates required from deployment. This will primarily be done through the utilization of BluJay software. The nature and scope of this role is to consider freight strategies and optimize shipments and their cost for loads that come through BluJay. The overall scope is to ensure that execution is carried out through balance of service commitments and cost-effectiveness while maintaining strong relationships with carriers, shipping locations, and delivery locations.
This position will be a Monday-Friday work week.
The network consists of, but is not limited to, the following areas of Supply Chain Planning; production planning, deployment of full goods planning, and transportation planning. The individual should have competent-level subject matter expertise in Transportation Planning processes and is able to cultivate their expertise throughout the department.
The Enterprise Planning departments focus is to cultivate all tools and resources available to better the company and team members. All business decisions/projects are based on the following Enterprise Planning Guiding Principles:
- Manage integrated business processes of planning to effectively deliver desired customer value propositions
- Enable execution of segmented customer & consumer service models
- Allocate resources to optimize CCBFs business outcomes, while managing trade-offs
- Manage planning to support CCBF in making its next best decision
- Plan inbound/outbound truckload shipments within the TMS to ensure that cost and service goals are accomplished by utilizing the resources and tools that are provided.
- Tender shipments in accordance with CCBF business rules and communicate with carriers to ensure that loads can meet their delivery commitments. Assess the trade-offs between costs and service and communicate with management.
- Coordinate with deployment planners, receiving locations, and carriers to ensure on-time delivery, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary. Trace loads using BluJay and shipment monitor. Determine root cause and apply corrective action to shipments tracking late; communicate solutions to all stakeholders.
- Maintain BluJay BI reporting and carrier key performance indicators (KPIs) and marry up against our performance objectives. Reconcile daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and distribute to our internal key players and management.
- Assist in the completion of multi-functional projects in the area of Operations, Forecasting, Supply Chain and Logistics as assigned.
- Develop regular supply optimization and transportation initiatives to drive high customer service while achieving inventory targets, process efficiencies, and reduced costs.
- All other assigned duties relating to supporting CCBF Business needs
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience related to Logistics, Operations Management, Business Administration, Materials Management, or Warehouse/Manufacturing
- 1+ years of experience in utilizing a Transportation Management System
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing/Just in Time Principles
- Proficiency in MS Office is essential
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic environment and work effectively within a flat organization
- Demonstrate sound judgment by making decisions based on bettering the total network and being able to support decisions with facts; taking responsibility for actions
- Able to leverage & use toolsets such as SAP, Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritize and manage time/commitments and adjust to changing priorities as needed in order to complete tasks within desired timeframes
- Attention to detail and business process improvement
- Self-motivated to improve capabilities of self and others
- Good cross functional team collaboration at all levels
- Must be willing to travel 10% of the time