Concrete Strategies is seeking a traveling safety engineer. It will be the Travelling Safety Engineer s responsibility to support corporate goals regarding safety, training, and new hire orientations. They will ensure compliance of safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations including Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and Department of Transportation (DOT).
The Traveling Safety Engineer will achieve this by conducting training, safety observations, administration, and by supporting supervisors, and other staff to ensure they are in line with and comply with governmental, company, and client polices.
- Educate and train associates on health and safety related issues.
- Oversees safety on project sites during particularly high-risk scopes or as requested.
- Controls hazardous working conditions and unsafe activities through safety management and collaboration with other operations supervisory personnel.
- Motivate associates to maintain high levels of participation through awards program and other recognition.
- Work closely with PMs, Superintendents, and others to ensure implementation of safety policies.
- Work closely with PMs and Superintendents to enforce our clients Safety Policies at the project level.
- Ensure required equipment training is conducted and documented.
- Clarify safety rules and provide technical expertise and solutions to safety challenges onsite.
- Communicates and documents safety expectations to safely produce quality work during safety orientations for the scope of work.
- Attends an actively engages in all site meetings to promote safety.
- Leads and collaborates with team in investigating all safety incidents to determine cause, implements corrective actions, and reports incidents, as required.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- 1 - 5 years of Construction related safety and health experience.
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
- ASP/CSP considered a plus, but not required.
- Must be willing to travel/temporarily relocate on a nationwide basis to project sites.
- $70,000 - 80,000 (DOE).
- Car allowance and per diem will also be included.
About Concrete Strategies
Concrete Strategies specializes in site cast and structural concrete, flatwork, site utilities and all types of self-perform concrete construction. Concrete Strategies employs over 550 field personnel and completes over $200 million in revenue annually, from its headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri and newly opened Kansas City, Kansas office. The company has an awesome reputation for speed, quality and above all operations, with a complete commitment to safety. Even when we were not the low bid, general contractors have chosen Concrete Strategies because of our reputation for quality and speed. Learn more at www.concretestrategies.com