Valiant Integrated Services is seeking Maintenance Electricians with recent leadership or past working experience with facilities maintenance and operations supporting military installations to support our operations and maintenance requirements at Fort Gordon, Georgia and the surrounding area.
- The purpose of this position is to maintain electrical components and systems inclusive of the following essential functions:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of the equipment for the generation, distribution or utilization of electrical energy.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment and such as robots, conveyors, and programmable controllers.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, and motors, and position sensing devices.
- Must be able to work from blueprints, drawings, layouts or other specifications, to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical systems of equipment while following all trade accepted practices.
- Performs Preventive maintenance tasks.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electrical components, such as printed circuit boards.
- Replaces electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
- Plans layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- Maintain all records for any maintenance and repairs to be completed and submit in a timely manner.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Safety: Valiant Integrated Services enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality: Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Valiant integrated Services Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Valiant Integrated Services Quality System documents and customer contracts. Employees must read and understand their Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- Diploma in a relevant Vocational School or completed apprenticeship as an Electrician.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Georgia Secretary of State Licensing Board or equivalent.
- Must maintain a valid state driver license.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to drive/walk/travel to various locations within the facility and satellite locations
- Must be able to work at a computer station for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read write and communicate fluently in English
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prior military service desired but not required.
DIRECT REPORTS: No
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.