Upper School Admissions Assistant - 2019-20
The Nueva School – San Mateo, CA
The Upper School Admissions Assistant is responsible for supporting the admissions process and procedures and serves as an administrative support to the Admissions Office. He or she provides appropriate and accurate information to applicant parents, interested educators, and faculty and staff. Some evening and weekend hours for events are required.
The Upper School Admissions Assistant works closely with the entire admissions team (Lower through Upper School) and is supervised by the Director of Admissions.
- Correspond daily with interested parties.
- Process in-coming mail.
- Monitor admissions fees and payments.
- Schedule and confirm admissions activities (tours, activity sessions, campus visits, interviews, and various meetings and events).
- Assemble and distribution of admissions materials.
- Generate and maintain paperwork associated with admissions events and meetings.
- Assist with admissions event planning and execution.
- Escort for student and parent visitors.
- Assist with student visits
- Enter/manage applicant information.
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts building internal database.
- Update and input admissions information, data, and stats.
- Provide student data information to requesting schools, families, and agencies for current and former students.
- Track office supply and equipment needs.
- Other special duties and projects as assigned.
- Three or more years of administrative/office support experience.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously and prioritize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional people skills and phone etiquette.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sensitivity, discretion, and a sense of humor.
- Knowledge of or experience in admissions and/or independent schools a plus.
- Bilingual abilities Spanish/English or Mandarin/English a plus.
Terms & Compensation
- Full time for 10-month school year August to June
- Non-Exempt Position
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- If summer hours are needed, other work opportunities may exist
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, rsum, and the contact information and job title for at least three professional references at https://nuevaschool.applytojob.com/apply. To address specific questions, please email to [email protected]