AEG Worldwide is the world s leading sports and live entertainment company, with offices on five continents. The company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
STAPLES Center has clearly established itself as the sports and entertainment center of the world. As the home of four professional sports franchises the NBA s Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL s Los Angeles Kings and the most recent 2016 WNBA Champions Los Angeles Sparks STAPLES Center has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams. The AEG owned and operated arena continues to distinguish itself as the host of major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004 & 2011 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Game, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 17 of the last 18 GRAMMY Awards shows. STAPLES Center s sixteen years have also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the downtown Los Angeles venue including concerts Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Prince U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Sade and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events. Hosting over 250 events a year, the arena s reputation for world-class amenities, features and commitment to quality of service and the guest experience is second to none. Staples, Inc. entered into a 20-year agreement to become the arena s Naming Rights Partner December 1, 1998, which has since been extended into perpetuity.
The Guest Services Department s Usher/Ticket-Taker position is responsible for providing excellent guest service at all Microsoft Theater, L.A. LIVE and STAPLES Center events.
Guest Services 60% Daily
- Greet guests as they enter.
- Provide guests with directions.
- Distribute promotional items.
- Check tickets for guests attempting to enter the building or access seating sections.
- Assist with information requests.
- Notify Supervisor of guest complaints.
- Effectively and calmly interact with angry or emotional guests.
- Ensure guests exit venue safely.
- Assist guests during emergency situations.
Department Operations 35% Daily
- Communicate effectively via radio transmission.
- Handle all equipment with care.
- Perform a thorough visual inspection of work areas.
- Complete all assigned tasks within the guidelines and deadlines set by Guest Services Management and Supervisory team.
- Maintain company confidentiality.
- Use precautions and follow safety guidelines.
Other assigned duties 5%
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency
- A minimum of 1 year of related work experience
- Reliable, punctual, and regular in attendance with good communication skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Maintain a high standard of grooming
- Ability to take direction well and work well with others
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check, and post-offer drug screening test
- Able to stand for multiple hours (4-6 hours per shift), lift/push/pull 30 lbs. and work any position, including elevator
- Must be available to work at least five (5) evening events per week; including all weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) events, possibly until 12:00 am or later
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without the loss of efficiency or composure
- Excellent customer service skills when interacting with guests, vendors, and employees
- Ability to memorize, recollect, and quickly retrieve relevant information
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today s business climate.
Anschutz Entertainment Group is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status recognized by federal, state or local law.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)