Job Id : 4376
Jobtitle : UX Designer
Location : New York City, NY
Company Name : Workshub
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $85,000 - $100,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 0000-00-00
Required Skills : Research, Concepts, Flows, Sitemaps, Wireframes, Prototypes,
Benefits : No benefits are available
- THE DEPARTMENT: DESIGN TECHNOLOGY
- In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
- Our growing Product & Design team is looking for an experienced, data-driven UX designer. In this role, you will take a customer-centric approach to decide and solve for the flow of design solutions and create an incredible user experience. You will use AB testing and data to build, iterate upon, and perfect the Gemini exchange across all platforms. You will work cross-functionally with our Exchange and Mobile product teams.
- Translate business requirements and user research findings into elegant solutions for complex product problems
- Think through user personas producing storyboards, user flows, wireframes, and mockups that define the user experience on both our retail and institutional products
- Create prototypes that showcase design concepts and sustainable interaction patterns
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers to ensure high-quality implementation of designs
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a portfolio that showcases a user-centered approach to design
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding and knowledge of user-centered design activities from research, concepts, flows, sitemaps, wireframes, prototypes, annotations, and more.
- Extensive experience with Sketch, Adobe CS (i.e. Photoshop and Illustrator), and the Google suite of apps
- Strong sensibilities in typography, motion, interactive and mobile design
- Strong organizational, communication and conceptual thinking skills as well as attention to detail
- Team player and self-starter with a passion for design and finding smart solutions to complex problems
- Has a collaborative mindset with a strong point of view paired with a healthy dose of humility
- New York is the most populous city in the US with more than 8 million inhabitants. A lot of immigrants from over 180 countries live in the City. Travelers are usually attracted to its cosmopolitanism and energy. New York consists of five boroughs: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Staten Island. New York is also well-known for its cultural heritage Empire State Building, Central Park and Statue of Liberty. The City is a center for fashion, media, culture, research and a booming tech scene.
The tech scene in New York has changed a lot in recent years. A lot of the initial excitement has worn off and settled into a stable trend of successful businesses. In both 2014 and 2015, a New York City tech company went public with a valuation of over $1 billion. It is now #2 startup ecosystem in the world, with startups raising $11.5 billion in venture capital in 2017. NYC is also the HQ of choice for Spotify, Consensys and WeWork.
Did you know...
- New York City’s Federal Reserve Bank holds $90 billion in gold
- 60M tourists visited NYC in 2016
- More than 800 languages are spoken in New York City, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world; 4 in 10 households speak a language other than English