Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Perform varied and moderately complex duties related to the timely receipt and processing of currency, coin and check deposits from commercial customers and banking centers in accordance with established procedures and controls.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive customer and banking center deposits from armored carriers and balance the deposits to the accompanying manifest.
- Track deposits into internal systems and assign to processors in order to maintain control and accountability.
- Verify sums of inbound or outbound coin and currency from branches, correspondent banks, and customers using internal systems and high-speed desktop currency counter
- Ensure all deposits and orders contain correct customer contents on a daily basis with 100.00% accuracy.
- Includes some data entry related to customers deposits including checks and counting of coin by hand or with a coin sorter.
- Meet customer additional reporting and process needs as required and ensure all customer deadlines are met
- Accurately balance transaction totals, in order to transfer verified fed ready currency to inventory and non fed ready currency to the high-speed sorter for additional verification.
- Research and resolve all out of balance transactions via ACE, electronic or paper receipts, and Transaction Manager naming system for retrieving check items.
- Complete daily proof and Statement of Condition for work processed.
- Use Transaction Manager HGAA and IPCS to insert advice of corrections as needed.
- Print and report all advice notices that were created during balancing and coordinate advice distribution with Mail Operations.
- Inspect customer deposit batches for hardware (staples, paper clips) to ensure all work is in the appropriate order. Inserts control documents as specified and deliver work to image capture.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all capture machines (NCR 7780s, Itrans, IBM 3890*s) in order to perform image capture.
- Power encode functions as assigned.
- Performs hardware maintenance as needed.
- Support Fed related procedures and controls including: preparing and sending necessary documentation to the Secret Service on counterfeit items, opening and closing of Custodial Inventory, audit needs and any additional requirements that meet Federal regulations.
- Proactively identify teller outages, correct and enlist help in order to prevent any customer impact.
- Consistently meet or exceed production and quality standards as set by work type and process.
- Maintain a position of trust and responsibility by keeping all customer business confidential and securing all system related individual passwords.
- Comply with vault procedures and controls at all times.
- Escalate issues to management as needed.
- Required to cross-train in multiple processes in order to support all Cash Vault services.
- Model the Fifth Third Core Values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience handling large amounts of currency and coin with the ability to perform balancing related duties with basic math functions and reconciling to expected totals.
- Experience in a production environment preferred.
- Demonstrated data entry and PC skills.
- Ability to professionally communicate both in verbal and written form.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to interact well, and in a positive manner, with co-workers and management.
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced environment without compromising quality.
- Flexibility in working varying schedules depending on business needs.
- Basic proficiency in PC software: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to adhere to strict procedures to maintain customer privacy.
- Maintain orderly and clean work areas, including all machines, tables, cabinets and storage areas.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- May be exposed to dusty conditions and loud noises.
- Frequently walks, lifts, squats, bends, and stands.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, up to an entire shift.
- Lift and move objects daily and up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to perform repetitive processes.
- Extended viewing of a CRT screen.
Vault Teller I M-F 1st Shift
LOCATION - Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453
Fifth Third Bank is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
OAK PARK-United States of America