Vice President General Manager
DXC – New York, NY
Drives the vision, strategy and implementation plans for an industry, offering, operations or strategic practice to pursue and ensure the attainment of the organization s financial and strategic business objectives. Develops and grows company s market presence and builds solid relationships with customers. Participates in leading cultural change, building partnerships and developing others.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership and guidance; serves as a strategic advisor in area of expertise. Executes the global industry, practice, offering or operations strategy. Aligns and leverages capabilities to provide solutions that improve client experience and contribute to company strategic vision. Seeks out and promotes opportunities to leverage and position offerings and capabilities in a global or significant way.
- Drives and directs the delivery and implementation of customer solutions in strategic practice, industry, offering or operations; seizes on the use of effective and successful practices and solutions that support company value, for global implementation. Manages relationships with the customer community fostering a relationship of trust and mutual respect. Assists when necessary to resolve program issues.
- Assumes total responsibility for profit and loss of the practice, offering, industry or operations; drives financial targets, as well as investment and revenue goals to support company strategic objectives. Works with the finance team and ensures controls are in place related to budgets and investments. Evaluates and adjusts operations as necessary to ensure financial objectives are met.
- Creates market leadership position in practice, industry, offering or operations. Works with appropriate solution leaders to tailor offerings to the unique needs of each industry. Implements strategies to enhance the client experience.
- Generates and establishes global business case for investment and opportunities, presenting case to leadership and executing as approved.
- Participates with practice management and operational business unit areas to develop strategic plans, ensuring that business strategies drive planning, enhance revenue and expand customer base.
- Advocates and champions the practice internally across the enterprise. Collaborates across the organization to offer and gain expertise in company product offerings and market demands, to align and leverage company capabilities that improve the customer experience and perceptions and to drive operational excellence.
- Acquires people capabilities needed to support designing, developing and delivering global services offerings in the innovative, solution-driven practice area. Develops team able to lead and execute the vision and strategy of the practice, industry, offering or operations unit.
- Interacts with information systems users, business management, vendors, and strategic alliance partners to ensure that business requirements are met or exceeded.
- Ensures compliance with legal obligations including customer contracts, vendor subcontracts, proprietary agreements, and others.
- Maintains knowledge of international policies, programs, laws and issues as it relates to practice, industry, offering or operations. Understands the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinates the integration of all such programs.
- Directs the overall personnel activity of the unit which may include executives, directors and senior and specialized personnel regarding strategies and global intricacies of the practice, industry, offering or operations. Manages personnel. Ensures department resources are properly allocated. Maintains open communication between employees and management, with direct intervention as appropriate.
- Directs, manages, develops and oversees budget; ensures activities are appropriately funded, coordinated and managed according to the guidelines/constraints of resource allocations. Oversees and manages department related expenditures. Balances cost saving measures with needs of department.
- Master s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, management, information technology, computer sciences or related field preferred
- Twenty or more years of related experience
- Fifteen or more years in a supervisory or management capacity included
- Experience working with six-sigma concepts, principals and processes
- Experience working in a global organization of size, scope and complexity
- Experience working with management implications of various forms of financial data
- Experience with country specific laws and issues as it pertains to unit s policies and programs
- Strong strategic management, planning and analytical skills for defining and framing initiatives for current and potential clients
- Strong leadership skills with a strong customer-service orientation
- Strong communication skills to interface with clients and employees globally and to communicate complex, technical information in an understandable manner
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations and build partnerships with customers
- Strong implementation skills to ensure programs support business objectives and initiatives
- Strong human relation skills to select, develop, coach, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Strong presentation skills to include presenting recommendations to senior leaders and proposals/solutions to clients
- Strong financial, quantitative and qualitative skills to monitor and or change direction to meet financial goals
- Ability to partner with business leaders globally to drive initiatives and gain commitment and support
- Ability to use insight of the organization s internal and external business environment to improve outcomes that affect business
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to anticipate an adapt quickly to change
- Ability to publicly represent company with internal and external clients in sensitive and highly visible circumstances
- Willingness to travel
- Office environment; travel