VP, Back Office Customer Service-EXE000A4
Prudential Financial has a newly created role responsible for creating and leading a unified back-office customer service operations center in support of the US Businesses. This is an exciting, broad reaching role leading an organization that embodies customer centricity and drives continuous efficiency in our back-office customer service operating model while harmonizing the service experience and capabilities for customer loyalty and satisfaction. The role demands a strategic leader who has driven transformative initiatives focused on large scale, strategic operational efficiencies, talent evolution and sourcing for a Fortune 100 company. The role is responsible for driving overall leadership for US Businesses back-office customer service operations. The candidate must be able to lead a newly consolidated organization, form trusting relationships with executives, influence across Prudentials various businesses, and work and operate in a fast-paced business environment.
The successful candidate will manage a team of 3-4 direct reports and lead an organization of approximately 300 employees and 150 vendor resources in multiple locations. The budget and financial accountability range associated with the position is $30-40M. The successful candidate will report to the USB COO in Enabling Solutions and will be based in one of Prudentials primary sites.
- Oversight of daily operations and vendors.
- Develop and implement a strategic roadmap for consolidation of all back-office customer service functions that promotes customer centricity while caring for business nuances.
- Provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to implement strategic efficiencies that create better consumer experiences, while driving cost efficiencies.
- Partner with business leaders and Customer Office to align on service priorities, approach and execution.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of new business processes internal and external.
- Monitor performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made.
- Drive financial planning including budget process, monthly financials and forecasts.
- Create a capacity model that drives continuous efficiency in our service operating model
- Develop industry leading expertise for the function including thought leadership through identification, implementation and measurement of leading practices including leveraging technology
- Manage and enhance services in response to business unit and regulatory requirements (e.g. risk management, compliance, law, etc.)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of operations/post-issue/ back-office customer service management experience preferably in the financial services field.
- Strong leadership, management vision and purpose, interpersonal skills, executive presence, talent mindset and relationship management skills.
- Experience in making significant decisions to determine functional, capacity and resource requirements, budgets, workflows, processes and controls.
- Executive credibility - leadership, management vision and purpose, interpersonal skills, executive presence, talent mindset, relationship management and communications skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A proven transformative leader that excels at turning complexity into simplicity.
- Seasoned leader who can recruit diverse talent and identify top talent to build strong teams.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and implement change.
- Exceptional business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Familiarity with contact center and operational tools, technology, metrics, and performance indicators to measure performance and benchmark results.
- Domestic and International travel will be required.
- Position requires FINRA Series 6 and 26 licenses or to obtain licenses within 180 days of hire.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at [email protected]
for more information about doing business with Prudential. Job Function Operations Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Newark Other Locations United States-Pennsylvania-Dresher, United States-Pennsylvania-Scranton, United States-Florida-Jacksonville Schedule Full-time Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time