The Vice President, Cloud Architecture is responsible for establishing the companys technical vision and leading the design team for Kronos cloud solutions. A strategic and technical role, you will work with application engineers, infrastructure engineers and technology vendors to architect cloud solutions. Allowing the right person to bring their experience, passion and vision to a rapidly growing business and product area that is central to Kronos core strategy and direction.
Prime responsibilities include designing, architecting and driving innovative and practical cloud-based solutions for Kronos and our customers and defining the cloud architecture roadmap for Kronos. This position will partner closely with Engineering to ensure the end to end success of solutions.
You have proven success with enterprise SaaS solution design and delivery in the public cloud and experience transforming to a Dev Ops culture. Are an innovator that will drive a flexible, adaptable and cost-effective technology portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
- Set strategic direction and roadmap to establish a highly structured, scalable, efficient and agile SaaS cloud architecture that supports customer success
- Coordinate and drive the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and integration of new capabilities with the senior architects
- Partner with Engineering architecture and development teams to ensure end-to-end solution delivery in adherence with industry best practices
- Partner with senior leaders across Cloud and Engineering to drive appropriate shifts in SDLC and CI/CD methodologies to drive operational efficiencies and best practices for SaaS deployments
- Lead the architecture team through a methodology that designs end to end solutions and fosters an ownership of the implementation and operational success.
- Designs solutions that meet the business financials and profitability goals of the organization and company
- Continually explore, evaluate and adopt advanced technologies to provide higher quality service, scalability and modern architectural standards
- Interface with Kronos customers, prospects and partners to evangelize cloud services capabilities and requirements
- Evaluate and work with 3rd party vendors and service providers to deliver modern cloud architectural initiatives
- Interface with Kronos senior leadership to advise on emerging trends and opportunities and evangelize key cloud strategy and imperatives that will drive success of Kronos SaaS business
BS/BA in Computer Science, IT, Business or equivalent; Masters preferred Ideal candidate will have 10-15 years of related experience including experience architecting and building solutions in multiple cloud deployment models including traditional hosted and multi-tenant SaaS solutions across public and private cloud environments.
- Proven track record with setting a strategic vision, creating an engaging, positive work environment, aligning teams to goals and coaching senior technical leaders
- Ability to foster a culture of innovation and promote cloud best practices across teams
- Experience with public cloud providers deploying high scale applications leveraging IAAS, PAAS, API gateway services, cloud monitoring and analytical platforms
- Experience in designing modern SaaS architecture adhering to security standards and security compliance programs such as SOC2, HIPAA, GDPR and FedRAMP
- Experience with application deployment, troubleshooting, production support for highly secure, large scale, complex distributed applications/platforms
- Strong attention to detail required ensuring effective planning, implementation and execution.
- Strong relationship building skills to effectively work in all areas of the business to successfully perform the required duties
Corporate overviewYoure empowered when youre a Kronite.Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals?
We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance to live inspired. In fact, its expected! Youll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, youre a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations including half of the Fortune 1000 - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.