Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB SUMMARY Fannie Mae is seeking to hire a Vice President of Finance Technology. This position will be based in our HQ office located in Washington DC. As VP of Finance Tech, youll be reporting into our SVP of Integrated Technology Solutions and will be responsible for leading, inspiring, and managing 7 direct-reports with a department of 125+ team members. As VP of Finance Technology, youll be responsible for driving alignment of the Finance organizations strategy with our Digital Transformation journey. Youll define the technical strategy, direct and manage the execution for all things engineering, including product integration, technical operations, and cloud deployment strategies. You will provide thought leadership, promote customer-centric development, and foster a culture of innovation for Finance Tech. In addition, youll also develop a future vision for innovation and strategies for existing platforms. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Champion innovation and oversee application development operations and drives timely, cost effective delivery of complex product portfolios.
- Partner with COO Technology Partners, guides the discovery and implementation of new technologies that enable business success.
- Communicate engineering plans, progress, and status throughout all levels of the company.
- Weight and understand industry solutions and provides recommendations to Finance stakeholders as to the optimal path forward.
- Remove obstacles, closes gaps and manages and mitigates risks to ensure delivery on time, on budget and at the highest levels of quality.
- Ensure effective disaster recovery and resiliency planning.
- Stay at the forefront of industry best practices, FinTech, and the Startup arena and its impacts or potential for increased innovation, enhanced efficiency, and opportunities.
- Drive internal methodology and process improvements designed to shape the application development organization into a world class team utilizing best in class practices and technologies.
- Ensure high quality talent, bench strength and succession planning through best practices in recruiting, selection, training, developing and retaining IT professional staff.
- Maintain end-to-end understanding of a Business Products through the Accounting phase to enable identification of intersections.
- Understand enterprise changes and their impact to Finance; proactively performs impact assessments and promptly escalates issues.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- At least 12 years of professional experience (and at least 10 years of management experience).
- Experience developing software solutions and implementing third party products that comply with control standards defined by IT, Risk and Finance teams.
- Extensive experience leading Agile development team and implementing Scaled Agile practices.
- Experience delivering solutions aligned to a Service Oriented Architecture target state.
- Extensive experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud (AWS)
- Vendor Management experience.
- Experience building trust and confidence with partners and stakeholders.
- Experience implementing innovative solutions that enable business success.
- BS degree in technical area (i.e. engineering, computer science) is preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
Leadership Competencies Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies. Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Builds effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Drives engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. Drives vision and purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action. Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments. Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances. Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. EMPLOYMENTAs a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation. Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56568