VP, Multifamily Technology
Fannie Mae – Washington, DC
JOB INFORMATIONFannie Mae is seeking to hire a Vice President of Multifamily Technology. This position will be based in our HQ office located in Washington DC. As VP of Multifamily Tech, youll be reporting into our SVP of Integrated Technology Solutions and will be responsible for leading, inspiring, and managing our Multifamily Technology vertical of 6 direct-reports (Directors and Cloud Leaders) with 100+ team members. As Vice President of Multifamily Technology, youll be responsible for driving the alignment of our Digital Transformation journey with the Multifamily Technology strategy. You will provide thought leadership, establish the overall technical direction/vision, and foster a culture of innovation for Multifamily Tech. Youll lead all aspects of Multifamilys software engineering and production support components and will also be responsible for collaborating with Engineering Leaders within the organization and ensuring seamless integration with enterprise technology partners across product portfolios.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate directly with the Executive Management team and collaborate with decision makers in Multifamily Business Unit, Multifamily Operations, and other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement scalable solutions.
- Partner with COO Technology Partners, guides the discovery and implementation of new technologies that enable business success.
- Define and develop technical aspects of the business units strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Weight and understand industry solutions and provides recommendations to Multifamily stakeholders as to the optimal path forward.
- Partnering with Enterprise Resilience division, provides for efficient disaster recovery and resiliency planning.
- Stay at the forefront of industry best practices, FinTech, and the Startup arena and its impacts or potential for increased innovation, enhanced efficiency, and opportunities.
- Drives internal methodology and process improvements designed to shape the application development organization into a world class team utilizing best in class practices and technologies.
- Ensures high quality talent, bench strength and succession planning through best practices in recruiting, selection, training, developing and retaining IT professional staff.
- Serve as the Multifamily Technology point of contact for technology related matters to enhance the overall customer engagement experience.
- At least 12 years of professional experience (and at least 10 years of management experience).
- Extensive experience leading Agile development team and implementing Scaled Agile practices.
- Experience implementing solutions on the Public Cloud (AWS).
- Experience leading digital transformation initiatives.
- Experience using change management methods to rollout enterprise technology changes.
- Experience and expertise in building positive working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Strong influencer and capable of driving alignment across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in a highly dynamic environment undergoing change.
- Education with a BS degree in technical area (i.e. engineering, computer science)
Leadership Competencies Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Decision Quality: Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful. Strategic mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies. Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Builds effective teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals. Communicates effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Drives engagement: Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. Drives vision and purpose: Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action. Ensures accountability: Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments. Drives results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances. Instills trust: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity. EMPLOYMENTAs a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation. Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Req ID: 56569