Warn Automotive is a world leader in driveline disconnect technology. Our heritage comes from making WWII surplus Jeeps easier to drive on the road with the first unlocking hubs. We continue today by making disconnects for cars, trucks, and SUVs around the world. These trusted technologies come from years of innovation and listening to our customer s needs. We have a bright future ahead so come join our growing team at Warn Automotive.
This position works with minimal supervision, and applies knowledge of Quality Engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments. Provides Quality Engineering / Six Sigma support to all Warn Industries locations. Works with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance personnel to define problems and problem solution strategies, develops training material for the application of quality engineering principles and techniques such as Design of Experiments and Statistical Process Control, and provides small and large group training using those materials. Additionally, the Quality Engineer may be asked to provide training on all elements of TQC.
- May be Project Manager or coordinate projects involving multi-million dollar product lines.
- May coordinate multiple large projects simultaneously.
- Directs the efforts of Engineers, designers, technicians or other team members to assure successful project completion.
- Works with customers project engineers on technical details.
- Performs duties as listed in the Quality Auditor job description.
- Develops and presents training material in statistical and or process improvement techniques to adult learners.
- Problem-solve individually or as part of a group as job duties require. May lead such problem-solving activities.
- Works with suppliers on design and development of projects.
- May participate in Warn Automotives selection process as necessary.
- Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
- Accountable for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in assigned area. Responsible for design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, including a self-assessment and report to management.
- Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area.
- Work safely and without injury.
Required Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics or CQE certification (or equivalent) with six to eight years of experience in a quality environment.
- Four to eight years of professional experience in a Quality Environment with project leadership responsibilities required.
- Four or more years experience in a high volume, manufacturing environment preferred.
- Has experience training, in a classroom environment/and or seminar setting.
- Working knowledge of auditing techniques.
- Successfully operate in a matrix or team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of FMEA Process preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and visitors.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a projects completion.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Must be enthusiastic about adopting Warn Automotives Core Values: Never Compromise Trust, Honesty, Partner with Customers, Commitment, Teamwork, Personal Development, Lead by Example.
- Must have history of impeccable integrity, ethics and fair play.
Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence in English. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other team members. Conflict resolution. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and customer service skills.
Must have mathematical skills equivalent to those required under degree requirement. Higher skills may be required depending on actual job duties.
Physical and Visual Activities:
Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting, Carrying, Balancing, Stooping, Reaching, Handling, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Acuity-Far, Acuity-Near, Depth Perception, and Field of Vision.
May require a combination of sitting, standing, and walking. May require lifting up to 50 pounds with assistance.
Must be able to work in an office environment as well as a shop environment as job duties require. May be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals, and vapors.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
Personal computer, fax machine, copy machine, other office equipment, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint. May minimally operate shop equipment such as assembly presses, manual and CNC machines, basic hand tools.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be required for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this or similar positions and additional duties may be assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Pheasant Ct
Job Requisition ID : 19-28959