Note: We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this positionall applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the worlds largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America s largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Corporate Warranty Engineer is a newly added, hands-on engineering position responsible for providing detailed secondary inspections of failed parts as necessary on a daily basis. This Warranty Engineer must provide accurate inspection results, identify and document failure trends, initiate corrective actions, and work closely with the warranty, sales, and product engineering teams to provide customer responses with the goal of reducing overall warranty exposure while keeping customer satisfaction high. This position will also lead the Warranty Inspection Team which is responsible for the receipt, primary analysis, and tracking of failed parts returned under warranty claims for ConMets wheel end components, plastics and castings products.
This position will be based at ConMet s Building 59 facility in Vancouver, Washington. For more info about ConMet in Vancouver, visit our local careers page at: https://conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-building-59/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Physically inspect failed parts returned from the field.
- Ensure timely and accurate inspection/failure analysis and reporting.
- Supervises the Warranty Inspection team; including coaching, mentoring, and developing team members to meet objectives of the department and company.
- Understand when inspections or inspection results require escalation to process or program engineers for further analysis.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and test facilities in joint inspections.
- Prepare Field Incident Reports or other appropriate formal responses for customers and warranty claim adjudication.
- Identify product installation or safety issues and work with the appropriate application engineer to correct/resolve.
- Collaborate with the Customers Warranty Engineers to resolve issues as necessary.
- Analyze warranty and inspection data for trends and provide recurring reports of trend analysis to engineering and sales teams.
- Initiate corrective actions, manage the corrective action process, and work with Engineering, Plants, and Suppliers to ensure timely resolution.
- Forward parts to sub-suppliers or return to customers as required.
- Prepare and present regular monthly and ad-hoc reporting.
- Improve overall efficiency and accuracy of warranty inspection, including creation and maintenance of improved processes/standards, tooling, and work instructions.
- Bachelor s or Master s of Science in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering (or closely-related engineering field) required
- One or more years of professional engineering experience and/or manufacturing industry experience required (Note: internships such as MECOP or other engineering internships can qualify toward this one year of required professional experience.)
- Knowledge of commercial vehicles and/or commercial vehicle components highly preferred
- Testing, Manufacturing and Finishing processes experience and knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of engineering documentation, quality systems and technical reporting preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial vehicles and/or commercial vehicle components: 1 year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- warranty engineering related: 1 year (Preferred)
- Engineering work: 1 year (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply