Wraparound Day Support Clinical Manager
$56,160-$68,640 annually, DOE
June 25,2019, 5:00 pm
Seattle, Des Moines, West Seattle, and Kent,
Childhaven has an exciting opportunity to join our Wraparound Day Support (WDS) program as a Wraparound Day Support Clinical Manager. WDS is a comprehensive service for young children and their families that blends therapeutic day support for children 0-5 with the team-based planning and mental health supports of the Wraparound with Intensive Services (WISe) model. This innovative Wraparound program is designed to create better outcomes for young children, to build child and family stability and support childrens success in their homes and communities. The Wraparound Clinical Manager supervises Infant/Early Childhood Mental Health Therapists and Care Coordinators on the Wraparound team and is responsible for day-to-day clinical management of the Wraparound program components at the branch
Mission: We partner with parents and community to strengthen families, prevent childhood trauma and its damaging effects, and prepare children for a lifetime of well-being.
Vision: All children are safe and healthy; flourishing physically, socially, emotionally, and educationally; well-nurtured by family and community.
Values and Commitment: Childhaven serves families from diverse communities and are committed to racial equity in our programs and services. We also value diversity and inclusion in our workforces and we are committed to recruiting candidates.
Childhaven is organized into three primary program and service lines that contribute to supporting youth and families. Youth Mental Health, Early Intervention, Early Leaning: ECLIPSE, ECEAP and Headstart.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Wraparound Clinical Manager provides day-to-day oversight and management of the WISe service components and staff at the branch.
Typical duties include:
- Plans, implements, coordinates, and supervises operations of the branch Wrapround team.
- Ensures that high fidelity Wraparound/WISe services, which utilize Wraparound principles and phases of treatment and the WISe model, are incorporated into services for children, caregivers, and their family teams.
- Ensures that Infant/Early Childhood mental health principles and assessment/intervention approaches are incorporated into services for children, caregivers, and their family teams.
- Provides reflective and clinical supervision to IECMH Therapists and Care Coordinators.
- Provides structured observation and feedback to staff during all phases of Wraparound, to further develop staff skills.
- Develops collaborative relationships and maintains good rapport to work effectively with children and families, natural supports, resources, other providers, child serving systems partners, King County staff, agency management and staff, and other members of the community.
- Collaboratively manages referral process for the WDS Program. Provides direction regarding assignment of children and families to Wraparound providers.
- Provides back-up to Wraparound staff as needed, to help family teams manage crises, mediate conflicts, and ensure quality of service. Carries a small caseload if needed.
- Supervises and monitors all documentation activities for Wraparound team, ensuring compliance with applicable agency contracts, Childhaven documentation standards, and adherence to all Federal, State and Local confidentiality requirements and guidelines.
- Participates in the recruitment, hiring, supervision, and training of all Wraparound staff.
- Attends Community Resource Team (CRT) and King County coaches meetings.
- Participates in scheduled supervision, team meetings and administrative meetings. Utilizes reflective supervision to support professional growth and quality client care.
- Remains current with professional development requirements through seminars, etc.
- Complies with all Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful Candidates will:
- Have knowledge of local human service resources and service providers for children and families and have familiarity working with child serving systems.
- Have knowledge of infant/early childhood mental health framework and associated assessment/intervention strategies.
- Be able to effectively support and coach staff in their work with families.
- Be able to provide clinical and reflective supervision to therapist team.
- Have a strong understanding of family-professional partnerships.
- Have the ability to use reflective supervision effectively.
- Be able to prioritize work to effectively manage requirements.
- Possess the ability to make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Adhere to mandated reporting requirements.
- Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field
- Specialized clinical training in childrens mental health, with knowledge of infant/early childhood mental health principles.
- Washington Licensed Mental Health Professional (LMHC, LICSW, LMFT)
- Meet the Clinical Supervisor qualifications in WA State.
- Three years of experience working with children who have serious emotional or behavioral concerns and experience intervening on a family level within a publicly funded service system
- Possess a valid drivers license and safe driving record, have state required minimum automobile insurance, and be able to use own vehicle for the job
- Childhaven background check and drug screen requirement
- A cleared portable background check through Washington Department of Early Learning
- Maintain current certifications including Child/infant CPR, first aid and AED, HIV and blood borne pathogens
- Prior experience working with children ages 0-6 and their families using an infant/early childhood mental health framework
- Endorsed or Vetted to provide Reflective Supervision through the WA Association of Infant Mental Health
- Prior experience working in a Wraparound program
- Prior experience supervising mental health therapists
We strive to make Childhaven a great place to work by living our values: Teamwork, Equity, Excellence, Dedication, and Respect. Heres a little bit about what we offer our staff:
- The ability to work alongside and learn from a multi-disciplinary team of highly skilled and experienced professionals.
- We believe in fully transparent hiring practices. The salary range for the Wraparound Day Support Clinical Manager is $56,160-$68,640, dependent on experience.
- We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance. Ten paid holidays, 2 weeks of vacation, paid sick leave, and 3 personal holidays. Expanded benefits include a flexible spending account, education reimbursement and a 403(b) savings program with employer contributions. A full listing of benefits is available.
- No matter what your role is, you ll get opportunities to attend a wide variety of trainings on clinical and education topics, advocacy, management skills, and more. We also work hard to make sure that you have a mentora person who s helping you grow professionally.
- Were dedicated to serving the full range of cultural diversity in our community, and to providing families with care thats relevant to them and their values. As a member of Childhaven staff, youll be encouraged to contribute to community engagement strategies and to serve on our Racial Equity Team, which makes ongoing recommendations to ensure that our programs and protocols are doing their part to dismantle systemic racism.
To Be Considered
- Complete an online application.
- Include a cover letter detailing how your experience and education that qualifies you for the position.
- Include a resume with professional experience and education that meets the minimum qualification.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,160.00 to $68,640.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules