Youth Care Specialist I (6273)
Lutheran Services Florida – Lauderdale Lakes, FL
General Description: This is a direct service delivery position. Supervise residents, provide quality care, ensure a safe and secure environment and transport and accompany/supervise residents on outside activities. Essential Functions:
- Provide a supportive environment for youth.
- Provide daily security and upkeep of the facility.
- As directed, participate in the implementation and monitoring of client case plans.
- Participate in various in-service training sessions.
- Attend staff meetings, as directed.
- Assist with supervision of residents during activities.
- Assign and supervise chores.
- Prepare meals as needed.
- Screen clients, conduct initial intakes and administer client satisfaction surveys when so directed.
- Complete required initial paperwork for clients.
- Oversee shelter clients self-administering all medication.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Regional Director, Shelter Services Manager, and/or YCS III.
- Ensures maintenance of shelter.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High level of energy required.
- Full physical requirements such as lifting, bending, cooking, cleaning, and using the telephone required.
- Ability to transport youth in agency van.
- Accompany youth on field trips and other recreational outings.
- Certified CPR/First Aide, and crisis intervention required.
- Clean valid Florida drivers license and insurance.
- Associates Degree in Human Service field preferred
- High school diploma, GED or equivalency completion certification required.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience working with youth/troubled youth in an organized/structured setting preferred. Skills:
- Good organizational, written and verbal skills.
- Dependability, discretion and good judgment are essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, co-workers, and the general public.
Must demonstrate sensitivity to our service populations cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and needs.
- Reports to Shelter Services Manager.
- Team player with co-workers and administrators.
- Ensures quality care for clients in a safe, secure environment.
- Adherence to license and quality assurance standards of state, federal and local.
- Effective behavior management and supervision of residents during activities.
- Adherence to all agency policies and procedures.
Lutheran Services Florida is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free workplace.