Job ID : 27531
Location : East Orange, NJ
Company Name : InfoTran Engineers
Job Type : Full-Time
Industry : Engineering
Salary : $52,000 - $70,000 per year
No. of Positions : 5-10
Required Skills : Civil Engineer,Mechanical Engineer,Electrical Engineer,
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,Life Insurance
ITE is looking for construction field inspectors to support transit projects. These projects may include track work, mechanical work such as escalators, elevators, HVAC, installation of signal/electrical equipment, electrical sub-panels, conduit routing, as well as other aspects of work involved in a transit agency electrical project. The position is in the New York Area and will require significant time working in the field.
You will be inspecting various facets of work at our client jobsite and performing continuous surveillance of assigned inspection activities to ensure compliance with all applicable codes, standards, and specifications, as well as ensuring construction compliance to all safety and quality procedures. You will be required to document any nonconformance and will recommend appropriate resolutions to any non-conformities. You will be required to supervise, inspect, and respond to Request for Information (RFIs), review documents and submittals for conformance to the NYCT requirements, and coordinate and follow-up with the work they are assigned to with the client and Parsons team. Other duties may include:
· Serve as the on-site inspector for construction work performed by the contractor and subcontractors performing capital improvement work at NYCT Stations.
· Interact with the construction contractor’s site supervision on electrical and communications field issues to ensure compliance with the construction contract requirements
· Prepares daily reports and other documentation, as required by contract.
· Verifies that only approved materials are incorporated in the work.
· Collects, reviews and files Certificate of Compliance, MSDS, inspection tags and other information relevant to the materials used.
· Coordinates work of subconsultants for surveying and material testing.
· Recommends job safety practices and drafts safety reports.
· Prepares quality control reports and recommends changes to procedures.
· Reports on installed quantities to verify applications for payment and change order work.
· Responds to the call backs in case of emergency at the project site.
· Plans and coordinates all field inspection activities and reviews the work of Representatives to ensure compliance with job specifications.
· Will prepare summary reports, respond to various problems of Representatives, authorize expenses and overtime, and assist Resident Engineers in completion of construction work in accordance with design
· Strength of Character
· 2 to 5 years of construction experience on construction/transit projects.
· BS. in Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or related would be a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times position.
About InfoTran Engineers, P.C.
Incorporated in 2007, InfoTran has been providing Construction Management & Inspection, Traffic and Transportation Engineering, Transit, Surveying, Civil and Highway Design services to the public/private sectors in the New York Metropolitan Area.
ITE offers a competitive wage, complete benefits package including 401(k) with company match, medical, vision and dental plans, and opportunities for growth.
ITE is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. ITE is a drug-free workplace.
Journey Group Sioux Falls, SD
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Assist the Project Manager with project procurement, ...
CSL SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS Burlington, VT
Ideal Experience/Skills: Knowledgeable in SQL, preferably Microsoft Transact-SQL Server 2012....
Revature Chattanooga, TN
Job Requirements: College degree (Associates or Bachelors) Must be authorized to work in the...
360 View Nashville, TN
Job Description: Looking for talented graduates who are hungry to be challenged and grow their...
Elliott Bay Design Group Entry, WV
Responsibilities & Duties: Work will primarily be in an office environment (5 days per ...
We’re an equal opportunity provider.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
OPTnation.com is not a Consulting Company/Training Company/H1B Sponsor.