Job ID : 34800
Location : San Jose, CA
Company Name : MSIT
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-Time, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $31000 - $44000 per hour
No. of Positions : I have ongoing need to fill this role
Required Skills : SQL, data storage techniques, Big Data technologies..
Benefits : Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance
Job Description :
- Experience supporting performance monitoring and tuning, and automation of production activities related to Data Warehouse, ETL and BI environment.
- Analyze requirements from clients and work with development team to provide meaningful analysis on data to satisfy client s business needs.
- Design, maintain and develop efficient SQL & PL/SQL languages to maintain ETL code.
- Design, build and configure applications to meet business process and application requirements.
- Works with analyst and developers to create ETL routines.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and support of data mart application.
- Troubleshoot and tune existing data mart applications.
- Assist in creating new or enhanced components of the data mart.
- Implement best practices and methodologies and function as a technical expert in the design, development, modification and debugging of data models, databases, etc.
- Support the development of new software or enhancements to existing software and integrate into new or modified systems and/or operational environments.
- Assist reporting team in optimizing the ETL process to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Documents all phases of work including gathering requirements, database diagrams, source to target mappings and other program technical specifications using current specified design standards for new or revised solutions.
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Providing maintenance support.
- Create and/or implement logical data models that represent the abstract structure of assigned information in the form of data cubes and or star schemas.
- Utilize and maintain the current data lineage mapping tool to provide a 360-degree view of EDW data elements.
- Use the EDW Metadata repository, Informatica Metadata Manager.
- Ensure that the final Metadata repository is a structured, integrated, and homogeneous vision of the whole data warehousing system.
- Provide metadata management support ensuring the function of the repository.
- Cultivate positive, trusting, and cooperative working relationships with all persons supporting the work, including government employees and other vendors.
- Understanding of data modeling concepts.
- Knowledge of at least one ETL tool.
- Knowledge of different SQL/NoSQL data storage techniques and Big Data technologies.