Job ID : 24084
Location : Seattle, WA
Company Name : Tekwissen
Job Type : contract
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $70 - $75 per year
No. of Positions : 2-4
Required Skills : Java Developer,Java Consultant,Java J2ee Developer,Java Programmer,.
Benefits : None of These
Job Description :
TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our Client is an online travel company, enabling users to access a wide range of services. The company offers airline ticket bookings, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruises, vacation packages and various attractions and services via the World Wide Web and telephone travel agents. It owns and operates several international global online travel brands, primarily travel fare aggregator websites and travel metasearch engines.
Software Dev Engineer II
Seattle, WA 98119
1 Year Contract
- Design and implement high performance, scalable, robust and reliable server applications that support key Expedia initiatives.
- Translate functional specifications into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products.
- Provide code reviews to assess overcall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object oriented programming techniques. - - - Resolve defects in your own code and other’s code.
- -Drive continuous improvement and continuous delivery in our software development process within an agile development team.
- Write automated unit, system and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Work closely with other talented developers, testers, PMs in both local and remote Expedia offices around the world to ensure code quality, appropriate testing and design to ensure excellent product quality.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering team and raise the bar by contributing to continuously improving engineering practices and development standards.
- Support live-site operations as needed as part of our DevOps approach.
- Serve as a technical leader within the organization.
- 4+ years of experience in software development with a track record of shipping large, cross-functional projects in a high performance, scalable global internet service environment.
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java and its associated technology stacks. Experience building web services with these platforms desired.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and NoSQL solutions.
- AWS Experience a huge plus.
- Proficient with algorithms and data structures, design patterns, service oriented architecture, domain driven design, multi-threading, concurrency, caching and distributed systems
- Experience working in agile/scrum teams
- Verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle, architecture and design, software craftsmanship and test strategies.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.