Job ID : 35111
Location : San Jose, CA
Company Name : Apollose
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-Time, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $45400 - $56300 per year
No. of Positions : I have ongoing need to fill this role
Required Skills : SQL, Python, Excel..
Benefits : Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance
Job Description :
- Ensure all job-related costs are properly assigned and captured within the system.
- Review reasonableness of job component costs in relation to other similar projects.
- Timely identify cost over runs or other abnormalities in relation to original project estimates and communicate to account managers.
- Research reasons for project cost overruns and determine appropriate action steps to correct and recommend process improvements for the future.
- Determine whether cost overruns represent a change in scope and can be invoiced to customers. Communicate with billing team to ensure information is properly revised and captured in billing system.
- Drive accuracy of project profitability and reporting.
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve project financial performance.
- Proven working experience as a Junior Operational Finance Analyst or with project cost accounting.
- Working understanding of fixed fee vs time and materials contracts.
- Attentive to detail with a focus of deploying common sense across a broad spectrum of cost scenarios.
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications.
- Outstanding analytical abilities, Sound interactive communication skills both verbal and written.
- Basic understanding of business processes and workflow and ability to quickly learn new environments.
- Familiarity with construction and other building maintenance type services and cost structures is a plus.
- Strong math skills, databases.
- SQL, Python, and Excel, and excellent critical thinking.
- Communication, and data visualization skills.