Job ID : 34976
Location : Texas City, TX
Company Name : VISART
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-Time, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $62000 - $71000 per year
No. of Positions : I have ongoing need to fill this role
Benefits : Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance
Job Description :
- Support the design and development of web services using JAVA.
- Support data transfer and integration strategies for existing and new system-to-system interfaces for the application.
- Support will include maintenance of several existing system-to-system interfaces with external organizations, develop and prototype new web services and API's using technologies such as JSON, SOAP, XML to facilitate data exchanges.
- Develop advanced queries, create data models and views in ORACLE.
- Develop testable code using existing service tier components and prescribed coding conventions
- Demonstrate flexibility and attention to detail, working in a collaborative team environment using emerging technologies and modern software development practices.
- Under Lead Architect guidance work to define requirements, research candidate technologies, and support development of prototype solutions.
- Support development by applying Agile principles, including participating in sprint planning, design sessions, development, testing and deployment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent amount of work experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering and software development experience.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Experience with object-oriented analysis and design patterns/techniques with emphasis on Java/J2EE technology.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Experience using COTS products such as Solr, tomcat, etc. is a plus
- Experience designing and developing SOAP and REST based services
- Experience being part of Scrum or other Agile development teams
- Applied knowledge of architectural patterns such as Microservices, SOA, MVC, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical, and technical skills.
- Ability to think critically and act expeditiously to evaluate situations, make decisions and solve problems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and ability to work well with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to work effectively with dynamic environment with changes in priorities and aggressive deadlines..
- Significant knowledge of database structure including, but not limited to, Oracle, Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Highly organized, efficient, and extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize among multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and know when to seek assistance.
- Demonstrated strength in oral and written communication skills, including professional emails.
- Java-based web services.
- J2EE framework.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design