Job ID : 28581
Location : Boston, MA
Company Name : OPT Nation
Job Type : Full-Time, Parttime, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $100,000 - $130,000 per year
No. of Positions : I Have Ongoing Need To Fill This Role
Required Skills : Text Editors, Source Control, Databases, Software Engineer
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,401K,Life Insurance
Job Description :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop back-end micro-services and REST APIs for web applications.
- Collaborate with various front-end and back-end development teams on user-facing features and services
- Work with platform & system architects on software and system optimizations & enhancements, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks.
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value and amaze the end user, with a penchant for simple elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code to UI and systems architecture
- Stay up to date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, and understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques, tools and practices.
- Work with other software leads on developing and improving software development methodologies and processes.
- Focus on design patterns, test driven development, enforce code quality and standards, and document APIs.
- Lead & guide the fellow developers on the team through technical skill development and knowledge sharing.
- Collaborate with Scrum Master, business and technical analysts, developers, QA, and other IT team members to understand business & technical requirements that drive the analysis, design, and creation of quality technical solutions.
- Align technical solutions with business and IT strategic visions while complying with the organization's architectural standards.
Qualifications (demonstrated competence):
- Expert knowledge of Java and related tools such as Spring Boot, JMX, JUnit, J2EE -> JPA, JAXB, Spring MVC, Maven
- Hands-on experience using and developing REST APIs using microservices architecture
- Working knowledge of distributed cloud computing architecture patterns
- Strong understanding of git, bitbucket, Jira, confluence, swagger (API documentation).
- Working knowledge of Relational (MS SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora) and NoSQL database systems (Mongo, Redis, or Memcached)
- Working knowledge of Agile / Scrum methodology
- Learns fast in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to visualize, articulate, and solve problems to make informed decisions. Organize and analyze a solution as part of a whole and its individual components.
- Respond well to change; handle multiple demands/priorities effectively; adapt to best fit with the situation at hand; handle conflict effectively; willing to accept new responsibilities; take initiative and be accountable.
Highly desirable but not required skills include:
- Experience with cloud computing APIs (Amazon Web Services preferred)
- Experience with cloud computing services (Amazon Web Services like Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, ECS, and RDS preferred)
- Knowledge of dynamic server coding environments such as Python
- Interest in emerging platform-as-a-service / distributed application frameworks such as ECS, Spring, and Docker
- Interest in Server-less Architecture
- Understanding of build tools such as Jenkins, AWS CodeBuild
- Prior experience of Microsoft Stack of technologies including .NET and C#
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology/Systems, related field, or equivalent experience
- 7 + years of relevant experience around design and development of distributed enterprise applications
- Insurance industry experience a plus, but not required
- AWS Certification - Solutions Architect/Developer