Job ID : 34913
Location : Austin, NV
Company Name : Atechstar
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-Time, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $66000 - $87000 per year
No. of Positions : 2-4
Required Skills : program Coding, Processing VSAM datasets, Application development using.
Benefits : Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance
Job Description :
- The role is more of a technical analyst/developer.
- Trace and document data system logic and flows by reading & analyzing JCL, COBOL programs, CICS definitions, ADSO/IDMS programs and 3rd party utility control cards, IDCAMS, SYNCSORT and other common mainframe data manipulation processes.
- Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in Mainframe programs, third party utilities, and other data manipulation products. This includes both business and functional aspects of the business rules.
- Understanding, analyzing and documenting current Mainframe logic and flows and work with users and business teams to correlate how the systems support the current business, Federal and State requirements.
- Must complete assigned task; communicate accurate and useful status updates; follow quality standards; Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Perform on-call duties for nightly and weekend batch cycles
- Attention to details is a must since the documentation generated would be the basis of system rewrites.
- Very clear, strong and precise Verbal and written communication skills are needed in order to work and coordinate with multiple teams.
- Prior DHS experience would be a plus.
- Work independently with little supervision or guidance.
- Demonstrates a willingness to independently dive in and learn new systems, processes, and business functionality.
- Mainframe OS installation.
- Job control language program execution.
- Dataset allocation: ISPF/PDF.
- DB2 program coding.
- Processing VSAM datasets.
- Application development using CICS.