Oracle RPAS Application Support Specialist F1 visa
Job ID : 23851
Location : Alaska
Company Name : ITJobsList
Job Type : Full-Time
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $215,685 - $302,525 per year
No. of Positions : 5-10
Required Skills : Great Communication, F1, Team Player, Flexible
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Life Insurance
Job Description :
- RPAS V14 or perhaps higher
- 6+ yrs experience
- Solid comprehension of
- the RPAS architecture including OREDB, RPAS configuration, integration as well as batch architecture
- RPAS domains - worldwide vs nearby, domain name partitioning, indexing, domain name seo etc
- the RPAS batch procedures such as information loads, extraction, executing batch rules in sequence and in parallel
- Utilizing shell scripts to call RPAS APIs to orchestrate batch processing.
- Ability to jog threads in parallel is actually important
- copying domains from one server to the next server or perhaps within servers
- coordinating and working problems with Other vendors and oracle support
- Team player - flexible, adhering and adaptable to estimate standards and timeline
- Confident working remote and/or onsite based on the requirement
- Great communication skills and be in a position to articulate opinions and ideas professionally
Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server (commonly referred to as RPAS):
- The Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server (commonly referred to as RPAS) is a configurable software platform for developing forecasting and planning applications, following a Client/Server OLAP model.
- The RPAS platform provides capabilities such as a multidimensional database structure (it follows the MOLAP model but has some ROLAP capabilities), batch and online processing, a configurable slice-and-dice user interface, a sophisticated configurable calculation engine, user security and utility functions such as importing and exporting.
- RPAS is the foundation for a significant number of applications that are part of the Oracle Retail solution footprint, such as Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting, Oracle Merchandise Financial Planning, Oracle Assortment Planning, Oracle Item Planning, Oracle Size Profile Optimization, Oracle Replenishment Optimization and Oracle Advanced Inventory Planning.
- The latest version is Version 16 released in December 2016 and supports the deployment of planning applications on-premise or Software as a service over the internet.
- RPAS currently offers 2 data persistence options:
- a proprietary data store based on Oracle Berkeley DB
- Or an Oracle RDBMS (which supports real time updates from external systems but reduces the performance of the MOLAP cubes).
- Originally the persistence layer (and some of the processing) was based on a MOLAP engine called Acumate/Acumen, originally developed by Mars Inc. for in house reporting and analysis; the software was sold by Mars and went through several owners, ultimately being owned by Client via an acquisition of a previous owner.
- Acumate is now no longer generally available or in support from Client. (Limited sustaining support for Acumate is available from Oracle to support the few remaining older installations of RPAS that were Acumate based, based on a source code license that was held by the predecessor to Oracle Retail, Retek, with the source code license novated to Oracle for support purposes).