Job ID : 28594
Location : Oak Ridge, TN
Company Name : OPT Nation
Job Type : Full-Time, Parttime, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $84,000 - $110,000 per year
No. of Positions : I Have Ongoing Need To Fill This Role
Required Skills : High Attention To Detail,Excellent Communication,Problem-solving Skills
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,401K,Life Insurance
Job Description :
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field and 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience developing software related to a field involving geospatial computing or big data architectures.
- Experience with multiple back-end database environments and building APIs to interact with them in Python.
- Experience with software development best practices including, but not limited to: Agile development; version control using Git/GitFlow or similar system; and project management via systems like JIRA, Asana, etc.
- Experience with open-source tools and system, OGC web services, and web development frameworks.
- Experience with data collection or similar Extract Transform Load (ETL) processes.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Security Clearance. This position is a Workplace Substance Abuse Program (WSAP) testing designated position, which requires passing a pre-placement drug test and participation in an ongoing random drug testing program in which employees are subject to being randomly selected for testing. The occupant of this position will also be subject to an ongoing requirement to report to ORNL any drug-related arrest or conviction or receipt of a positive drug test result.
- Past hands-on involvement in software systems, data systems, analytics, computer driven distributed data processing, geomatics, image analysis, remote sensing, or geospatial research projects.
- Experience with spatial enabled database (Postgresql with PostGIS) and executing spatial data queries.
- Experience with real-time architectures and other map services software libraries.
- Strong knowledge of multiple operating systems
- Exposure to microservices concepts and understanding of container environments including Docker, Docker-Compose, and Kubernetes
- Experience with the following languages: Python and modules such as requests, pandas/geopandas, flask or similar web server capabilities. Experience with Pep Compliance
- Previous experience working in a government, scientific, or other highly technical environment.
- Demonstrated ability to balance complex research and security requirements