QA Analyst â€“ Performance
Job ID : 25241
Location : NY
Company Name : iTvorks Inc
Job Type : Full-Time, contract
Industry : Computer/Software
Salary : $45730 - $85000 per year
No. of Positions : 10+
Required Skills : QA Analyst â€“ Performance.
Benefits : None of These
Job Description :
- Certifies Division’s application code releases and reports any performance impacts under production for workloads using HP LoadRunner.
- Analyzes performance, scalability, resiliency, serviceability, and availability of the system being tested.
- Verifies the impact of any infrastructure changes (Maintenance Releases, H/W, OS upgrades etc.,) under production for workloads.
- Writes efficient test automation scripts using Selenium Webdriver using various Java programming concepts such as variable, loop, procedure, function, data types and collections, exceptions.
- Designs and conducts tests with complex workloads and data shapes to expose potential bottlenecks and failure points.
- Designs test approaches and manage the end-to-end quality life cycle for Divisional projects.
- Designs automated scripts, scenarios to evaluates the performance using LoadRunner based on business use cases for the application. Analyzes test results and monitors application and web servers metrics using tolls such as Splunk.
- Executes different kinds of performance tests like Load test, stress, volume, and endurance tests.
- Validates fail-over/recovery scenarios and measures any impact to response times and interruptions during execution of such scenarios. Analyzes performance results to identify system inefficiencies and suggest optimizations
- Finds processing ceilings i.e., maximum transactions per second and concurrent users, to prepare for high volume customer transaction days.
- Coordinates with the Dev / QA / OPS teams to review and document requirements, execute performance tests and troubleshoot/resolve (blocking) issues.
- Conducts technical presentations to educate teams on how to improve system performance.
- Architects the next generation performance tools to help be more efficient at performance engineering
- Participates in all project-level planning and reviews and approvals sessions, which includes business requirements and Application Software Requirements/Design review meetings.
- Designs the following performance deliverables: Test Strategy & Test Plan, Detailed Test Cases, Test Scripts, Traceability matrix, test estimates, progress reports for test execution, various defect and statistical data reports, etc.
- Cross-trains and mentors other team members on performance framework and scripts development. Verifies database design using SQL and data integrity through backend testing. Verifies database design and data integrity through backend testing using SQL. Plans and secures test environment and test data to execute database testing.
- Participates in applications troubleshooting and resolving production issues. Participates in the constant improvement of performance test automation in CI/CD pipelines. Proposes, prepares and executes test scenarios to reproduce production issues in non-production and production environments.
- Participates in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process improvement initiatives with the Project Management Office and the Application Development teams to provide gap analysis and recommendations for the resolution of issues.
Project Specific Technical Requirements:
- Experience in Loadrunner scripting with protocols like Http, HTML, Webservices, True client.
- Experience with SOAP UI/Rest client.
- Experience with Jmeter, a plus. 3+ years of experience in the following:
- Performance test engineering and execution using HP LoadRunner/Performance Center.
- Scripting in Selenium tool. 1+ year of experience in the following: