Job ID : 34784
Location : Manchester, MI
Company Name : Matal
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-Time, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $102700 - $104000 per hour
No. of Positions : I have ongoing need to fill this role
Required Skills : Object-Oriented Design, Good delegation, time management skills..
Benefits : Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance
Job Description :
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Performs analysis to determine integration needs.
- Must be a strong team player, an excellent communicator, and possess and display a positive attitude.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and enhances current applications. Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out and monitoring of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development and Operations Engineers.
- Collaborates with third party companies on system integration topics.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in guidance with regards to disciplines, best practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating key performance metrics (e.g. Availability, Response Times, and Mean Time to Repair).
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including sequence diagrams, software designs, demos, acceptance criteria, test results, technical manuals, monitoring plans, support strategies, and any retrospective recommendations.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Ensures our Quality Assurance processes determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Experience designing, building and testing Java EE applications.
- In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC.
- Experience with Object-Oriented Design.
- Good delegation and time management skills.