USCIS Guidelines for OPT Students in USA

USCIS Guidelines for OPT Students in USA

USCIS Guidelines for OPT Students in USA

1. USCIS stands for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. It is the official governmental agency of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security charged with administering and enforcing immigration laws and regulations for the President’s administration. By law, all aliens wishing to enter the United States will to go through the USCIS prior to being admit at a port of entry. The entire application process might take anywhere between 6 months to 2 years depending on how fast the processing time is for each applicant. Let’s know all about USCIS Guidelines for OPT Students in USA.

2. The application fee for immigrant visa (green card) is $340.00 while non-immigrant visa (B visa, O-visa, etc.) is $110.00. There are additional fees if you want biometric authentication ($150).

3. All applicants need to provide their fingerprints. If they have any criminal record in the past 10 years, they should submit their full criminal history report including fingerprint cards and pictures attached to the application.

4. After submitting the application, applicants wait for a decision. Depending on the type of visa, applicants may need to pay an extra amount to apply for expedited service.

What is F-1 Visa For OPT Students

1. F-1 student visas are granting to foreign students who wish to pursue a full-time course of study at an accredited school or university outside their country of citizenship. Students may apply for a K-1 visa if they plan to marry while studying abroad, or an E-1/E-2 visa for those whose spouse does not have work authorization. A student’s status under F-1 is dependent upon his or her academic program.

2. To qualify for a student visa, a prospective student must submit a completed petition to USCIS along with documentation confirming the applicant’s eligibility for admission to the U.S., including proof of financial support where applicable.

3. Once admitted to the United States, the student remains in lawful permanent resident (LPR) status unless he or she applies for a change of nonimmigrant status. An LPR cannot request a change of status without first leaving the United States.

4. An immigrant student intending to remain permanently in the U.S. must file an application for adjustment of status with USCIS before completing the requirements for graduation. If the immigrant student plans to leave the U.S. after completion of courses, he or she should file an I-360 Petition for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility prior to departure.

5. An applicant who is pursuing a master’s degree must complete 24 months of education in the United States, including 12 months in F-1 status and 12 months in authorized employment.

6. Students applying for an H-1B visa must show evidence of proficiency in English language skills, such as having a bachelor’s degree, graduate degree, professional certificate, or equivalent foreign experience.

7. Students applying for an O-1 visa must demonstrate extraordinary ability in arts, sciences, business, or athletics. Individuals in these fields are expecting to contribute significantly to American society and economy.

More About F-1 Visa

8. There are two types of OPT programs: Optional Practical Training (OPT) and Optional Study (OS). Under OPT, foreign nationals may receive up to 20 weeks of paid training and earn no more than four years of additional time to complete the studies necessary to obtain a green card. Under OS, qualified international students may stay in the U.S for up to three years and enroll in schools of higher learning or vocational institutions.

9. Nonimmigrants seeking to enter the U.S. temporarily under CPT can do so only after obtaining a certification from the Department of State indicating approval for travel to the place of intended employment; however, employees will be issue a B-1/B-2 visa instead.

10. All nonimmigrant aliens who enter the U.S., except those entering for purposes of tourism, must possess valid passports.

11. All forms of nonimmigrant visa require applicants to present themselves to the nearest U.S. consulate or embassy abroad. Visas that are approving are then mail back to applicants’ address within the U.S. Upon arrival, they must either be presents to a U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer at a port of entry or presented to any U.S. Immigration Officer at a designated port of entries.

12. Filing fees vary depending on the type of visa requests. Fees range between $100-$200.

13. All foreign nationals seeking to immigrate to the United States must also undergo an extensive background check that often includes fingerprinting and interviews. Applicants are also mention about their criminal history, family ties in the U.S., and whether their case merits favorable consideration.

USCIS Guidelines for OPT Students

1. “USCIS F-1 student Visa Rules — Overview

When you apply for an F-1 student visa, you must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds in order to continue attending school. You may need to bring cash or check (in U.S. dollars) when you arrive at the port of entry.”

2. “F-1 Student Visa Program Requirements

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires students applying for nonimmigrant status under the F-1 visa program to meet certain requirements. Students who wish to study full time in the United States must obtain both authorization to work while enrolled in school and permission to overstay their visas. In addition, international students studying in the United States must maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Undergraduate students seeking to enroll in courses leading to a bachelor’s degree must satisfy one of two conditions: they must either maintain a 2.0 grade point average while enrolled in each term in which they register for classes or they must have completed 12 semester hours of course work towards an undergraduate degree before beginning studies in the United States.” These all are USCIS Guidelines for OPT Students in USA.

3. “F-1 Visa Application Process

Your application Must be fill no later than 180 days after the date of intended enrollment in classes at US institutions. Also if Applications  will receive after this deadline will not be consider unless special circumstances exist.”

4. “What happens if I don’t make my F-1 visa payment?

If you do not pay the required amount owed, you could lose your F-1 status. If you fail to complete your registration, USCIS may cancel your petition.”

5. “What if I am unable to pay my F-1 visa fee?

If you are financially unable to pay your fees, you may file an affidavit of indigency with USCIS. Your financial situation must be evaluate on a case-by-case basis. Indigent applicants must submit evidence demonstrating that they cannot afford to pay their F-1 visa fees.”

What is US Immigration?

US Immigration is a federal agency of the U.S. government under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Its purpose is to protect national security and public safety by preventing terrorists and criminals from entering the country, enforcing immigration laws, returning foreign nationals who overstay their visas, assisting foreign governments in implementing and enforcing the terms of their visa agreements, and providing humanitarian assistance.

Who’s eligible?

Anyone born in any part of the world is legally allows to enter the United States. Regardless of prior criminal convictions or illegal status. Anyone residing abroad who intends to return to America should apply for permanent residency through a PR card. in such condition they will provides that will not convicts of certain crimes.

How do I apply for US citizenship?

If you were born at least 18 years ago and are either a lawful permanent resident (LPR) or naturalized citizen (green card holder), you may file Form N-400 with the USCIS. If you are not currently in the United States, you must make sure you meet all of the requirements to file Form I-485 with the USCIS. You can only claim citizenship if you were born outside the United States.

What documents do I need?

You’ll need to provide proof of legal permanent residence (green card holder). Proof of lawful entry into the USA (passport or travel document), birth certificate, evidence of U.S. nationality or citizenship (such as a Certificate of Naturalization or Citizenship), proof of age (birth certificates are rarely accepting; passport/travel documents are prefers), and other supporting documentation.

Do I need to hire a lawyer?

A noncitizen can represent themselves before a USCIS officer without legal counsel. However, they are encouraging to consult an attorney to help them prepare. A lawyer might be able to reduce the penalties imposed upon them if they violate the law.

Let’s Access OPT Students  in USA

Register For Database of OPT Resumes in USA