When choosing a career it is important to look for an employment that is not only meaningful and would allow for a balance in your life but also ensures financial security along with providing a scope of growth in your selected field.
U.S. News & World Report recently released its 2018 Best Job rankings which deduced the best jobs in USA based on median salary, employment rate, job growth and prospects, stress level and work life balance. Surprisingly, many of these coveted job positions come with six-figure salaries. The list was dominated by healthcare and medical jobs. Here’s an overview of the highest paying jobs:
- Anesthesiologist –This tops the list of the highest paying jobs in USA. The median annual salary for anesthesiologist is $269,600 and the projected growth from 2016-2026 is 17.8%.
- Surgeon – A surgeon get a median annual salary of $252,910 and the field offers a projected growth of Projected growth (2016 to 2026) of 16.8%
- Obstetricians and gynecologists – An obstetrician and a gynecologist can earn up to $234,310 every year and their projected job growth is 17.9%.
- Oral and maxillofacial surgeons – They earn $232,870 per year and their projected growth is 17.2%
- Orthodontists – The median annual salary for orthodontists is $228,780 with a projected growth of 17.3%
- Physician – Physicians take up to $201,840 every year with a projected growth of 14.9%
- Psychiatrist – A psychiatrist gets $194,740 every year and their field offers a projected growth of 13.1% from the year 2016-2026.
- Pediatrician – The annual median salary for a pediatrician is $168,990 and their field offers a projected growth of 17.8% (2016-2026)
- Dentist – $159,770 is the median annual salary of a dentist and 17.2% is their projected growth.
- Prosthodontist – A prosthodontist gets $126,050 per year with a 17.2% projected growth in their career from the years 2016 to 2026.
- Nurse anesthetists – The median annual salary for a nurse anesthetist is $160,270. Their annual projected growth is 16%
- Petroleum Engineer – A petroleum engineer rakes in $128,230 every year. Their field shows a projected growth of 14.5%
- IT Manager – An IT manager rakes in $135,800 every year with a projected growth of 11.9%
- Marketing Manager – They make $131,180 annually. Their projected growth is estimated at 10%
- Podiatrist – A podiatrist can make up to $124,830 per year. Their projected growth for the years between 2016-2026 is 9.7%
- Lawyer – The median annual salary for a lawyer is $118,160 with a projected growth of 9.4% (2016-2026)
- Financial Managers – They get a whopping amount of $121,750 per year and 18.7% is their projected growth.
- Sales Manager – A sales manager receives $117,960 annually. Their projected growth is estimated at 7.4%
- Financial Advisors – They manage to make $90,530. Their projected growth (2016-2026) is 14.4%
- Business-operations Managers – Their median annual salary is $99,310. Their projected growth from the years 2016 to 2026 is 9.1%
Highest Paying Jobs for College Students:
According to CNBC Make it, research indicates that students who work have better grades as it helps them structure their time and is a good non-academic way to connect with people on campus. While it’s most people’s dream of studying in USA but the expenses associated with higher learning such as tuition, housing, books clothing, food etc you can’t help but seek high salary jobs to ease some burden. Here are some of the highest paying jobs for teens and part time jobs for college students as well.