Optional Practical Training is defined by USICS as temporary employment for practical training directly related to the International student’s. It must be at a level that is commensurate with the student’s master’s degree level.
OPT can be used before and/or after a student completes master’s degree program. The International student must be in legal F-1 status in order to be eligible to apply. The international student must also have been lawfully enrolled full-time for one academic year at a credited university of USA.
No offer of employment is required to apply to appear for the training and placement for OPT students. International students are strongly advised to apply early, preferably at the beginning of the last semester of enrollment. There is a total of 12months of OPT for the international students. As permitted by USICS, these students may use these 12 months either before and/or after completion of studies. Full-time OPT is defined as more than 20 hours per week while part-time OPT is defined as 20 hours or less per week.
Indian Students must apply to USICS for the work permission through the legal procedure. The student can start the OPT training only after receiving Employment Authorization Document (EAD) in hands.
Training OPT/CPT job placement:
Curricular Practical Training is the temporary work authorization provided by the USCIS to the international students with which they can engage in the training or internship (paid/unpaid) required for their academic course. The training undertaken by the F1 visa holders play an integral role in their academic curricular progress.
To take up the training, the requirements are:
- The student should have the valid F1Visa or more than at least a year.
- The student should be enrolled in a valid internship or training program
- The student should have the legal employment offer letter
The limitation of the undertaking Curricular Practical Training is that student is permitted to take up employment only in the field which is related to their course of study. Taking up CPT enforces employment for one full year because it acts like one of the credential subjects. The students can take the benefit of CPT only after they have received approval from the respective university in which the student is enrolled.
You may also like to see:
CPT requires to take the authorization every 3months of its expiration if the student is willing to continue the work under the CPT. There is high risk in CPT for the cancellation of F1Visa status if the candidate fails to complete the training completely.
The CPT program is divided into the part time and the full time CPT. Students can take up the training for the part time for less than 20hours during their ongoing academic classes. Undertaking the part time CPT has no adverse effect on the Post completion OPT.
The Full time CPT program in considered when the student works for more than 40hours a week during the vacation or summer breaks. Taking up the 12months full time CPT disallows a student to taken up OPT later on.
Training is the essential activity which sharpens the skills of the OPT CPT students. Getting training is vital but equally important is the organization in which the candidate is acquiring the training. Training gives the students with the required knowledge and skill to excel in the world of job.
BENEFITS OF TRAINING:
- The candidates are trained in the latest technology used by the organization. With the continuous changes it becomes important for the institute to train the candidates on the regular basis.
- Training motivates the student in the field of career and with the proper training student can decide the right career path for himself. Training frees the student from the boredom of studies. Training develops the interest of the students and cultivates the best out of the students.
- Training is cost effective and certain times it is free and with the training the students can easily get the permanent jobs.
- On job training has various other benefits like guidance, coaching, observation, shadowing and mentoring from the expert person helps the student to excel in the field. Same are the benefits of the off job training as well.
For more Training and Placement for OPT students check on OPTNation:
1. Training and Placement Program For OPT and CPT
Hiring MS Graduates across the country with valid CPT / OPT for its TRAINING & PLACEMENT program. H-1 /H-1 Transfers and Green card is provided. Offering Free Training in various IT technologies as mentioned below.
- Big Data
- CRM (Cloud Computing)
- Embedded Systems
- Business Objects
- Oracle SOA
- System AdminJAVA / J2EERemedy
- Net/SharepointOracle DBA /SQL DBAOracle Apps ETL
- Ui Devlopment ASP.NetData Warehousing
2. Training and placement in Business/ Data Analysis
Function as a management consultant to analyze and recommend solutions that bring benefits and value to the organization.
Elicit, document, and manage requirements without a mountain of paperwork, regardless of the life cycle used.
Analyze, structure, and document requirements so that they are readily confirmed by your business stakeholders and usable by your project teams.
Learn the practical skills a business analyst needs to be effective back on the job in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
OPT/ CPT / GC / Citizens and recent graduate candidates.
- Free Skills Enhancement Training and Accommodation for OPT Students
- Health Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- H1-B and Green Card Sponsorship
It is advantageous to check for:
3. OPT CPT JOBS
- Training & Placements in all IT Technologies
- Online / In-house Training
- Providing free food & Accommodation
- Expert Instructors & on the job support
- Excellent Pay Packages
- Generous Referral Bonuses
- Sponsor visas like H1, GC, OPT Extension & H1 transfer
- Green Card Processing Assistance
- Excellent Marketing team
- Work with our direct clients
- Implementing partners
- Building strong relations with the prime vendors
4. Free Training and Placement for OPT/CPT Students on Multiple Technologies
HIRING OPT/CPT Free Training & Placement Program in Atlanta,Georgia. Multiple Technologies learning is been offered. All IT graduates & Non-IT professionals can apply if on OPT or CPT program having the valid OPT/CPT/F-1 or a valid work status and the candidate should be ready to get trained.
Master’s/Bachelor’s Degree .
Valid OPT/CPT/F-1 or a valid work status
Excellent Communication skills
Training is offered in:
Quality Assurance Training
SAP: SAP FICO, SAP ABAP, SAP MM, SAP PP, SAP EP, SAP EHS, SAP NETEAVER, SAP SD, SAP BW/BI, SAP BASIS ADMIN, SAP BPS… ETC modules
Web Development: java, Dot Net and Share Point
ETL Tools: informatica, Data stage, Abinitio, SSIS
BI Tools: Cognos, QlikView, Micro Strategy, OBIEE, Hyperion, BO, SAS and SSRS
Systems and Web Administration : UNIX, Web logic, Web Sphere, Site minder/LDAP/SSO
ERP: SAP, People Soft and Oracle functional & technical modules
Database Developer/Administration: (Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata
BA – Business Analyst
SAN Storage Area Network
Other Skills/Technologies at learner choice.
Highlights of Training:
FREE Training and FREE Accommodation for interested candidates.
Training provided by instructors with 7-8 years of industry experience.
In house classes.
Extra weekend class for doubt clearance.
Learn by example teaching methodology which involves 70%exercise and 30% lecture.
Software access for practice.
User Guides & Soft Copies will be provided.
Required material will be provided for interview preparation.
Limited Students in the Batch.
Assistance in resume preparation and review.
Great marketing support.
100% preparation towards Job securing within a month.
Free career counseling.
Main focus extensively on their Real time project experience
Feedback from training coordinators throughout the course.
Guarantee lowest bench period.
Best Salary with excellent billing in the Industry
Free Skills Upgrade on Bench
100% Placements till date.
Free Training to upgrade your skills anytime for our employees.
100% success rate for motivated and hard-working trainees.
Resume guidance and mock-interviews, before we actually start marketing.
Free H1B sponsorship and Free GC for qualified employees.
Offer Refferals Fee.
Max Troy is the Career Counsellor as well as a passionate Author. Well, he has years of experience in the Career and Jobs industry. As a part of his career at OPTnation, he helped various OPT and CPT candidates to shape their Career. Through his knowledge and writing skill, he is contributing to the students to find the best Career advice and immigration topics. Do share the information if you like it.